Time to get up! On weekends I would sleep in, until cinnamon made its way up to my room. I would basically sleep walk down stairs to see what my dad was making.
Apple Cinnamon Muffins
1 1/4 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 rome or empire apples (peeled and shredded)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
1) Line a cupcake pan with cupcake liners
2) In a large bowl, mix flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
3) In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, brown sugar and white sugar until smooth. Then add oil and vanilla.
4) Add wet mix to the dry mix until just combined.
5) Add shredded apples.
6) Put mix into prepared cupcake liners until they are almost full.
7) Mix equal parts cinnamon and sugar, 1 tsp each in baking liner to sprinkle on each muffin.
8) Bake 25 to 30 minutes.
Thanks to Rachael Ray